Sr. System Administrator
Pinkard Construction Co. is an industry leading commercial builder recognized as a premier provider of design/build and CM/GC services. We provide services exclusively to the Colorado Front Range and offer an employee environment that inspires creative, collaborative performance.
We are currently seeking a Sr. System Administrator to join our team in Lakewood CO.
Provision, install, configure, operate, maintain, and support the organization’s systems hardware and software, LAN, WAN, internet systems, and VPNs. Monitor networks and infrastructure to insure availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support availability. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the networks and infrastructure. Assist in modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between various networks and systems. Administer security for network and infrastructure.
- 5 years of experience supporting the IT function in a corporate setting
- A bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Administration or Construction
- Occasional evening or weekend work could be required.
- A valid Colorado driver’s license is required.
- Travel to construction sites around Denver and the Front Range will be required
- Certification in VCP, VMCE, CCNA/CCNP, or MTA/MSCA/MCSE a plus
- Virtualization: VMware, multi-host, multi-site ESXi clusters, SANs, and networks
- Modify, update and maintain a reliable and redundant core network: dual ISPs, multiple subnets and vlans, multi-access point AC network
- Create networks at remote jobsites using a variety of different internet connections including DSL, Cable, Fiber, and LTE with employee and guest wireless, printing, and any other necessary services
- Build, and maintain hardware-to-hardware, policy-based VPN tunnels between jobsites and headquarters (currently Juniper and CradlePoint)
- Administer and maintain Windows and Linux systems and services including AD, GPOs, WSUS, DNS, Exchange, DFS, RDS, and multiple application servers
- Administer and maintain high availability systems with Veeam B&R: daily infrastructure backups, archiving file copy jobs, and secondary site DR replication
- Sophisticated monitoring of all physical, virtual systems and networks: Netflow Analyzer, Veeam One, Nagios
- Maintain security: Juniper firewalls, Cisco Umbrella/OpenDNS, Kaspersky AV, server solidification and firewalling, and end user training
- Recommend system and network improvements to increase efficiency, better utilize resources, and prioritize uptime
- End user support: hardware and software support for workstations, laptops, and mobile devices running applications critical to business and productivity
- Hardware refresh: Help plan, size, and order new infrastructure componentry (ESXi servers, SAN, etc). Perform installation and migration of hosts and data at HQ and DR site.
- Database management and reporting: SQL server optimization and maintenance, log truncation via Veeam B&R, some SQL querying, Crystal Reports
- Work with marketing to optimize and protect the hosted company website
- Learn construction process to better design systems and assist users
- Keep network maps and documentation up-to-date
- Other duties as assigned
Pinkard Construction Company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a company bonus plan, excellent medical and dental plans, 401(k) and paid time off.
If you enjoy challenging projects and are results-oriented, we encourage you join our team. At Pinkard Construction Co. our employees are our most valued assets. Our success is due to the direct result of teamwork. If you are looking for a career at a company that has a true interest in its employees, offers competitive salaries, industry-leading benefits packages, and bonus and/or profit sharing programs, Pinkard is the place for you! Join a company that is truly raising the standard within the industry.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with recent salary history and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Sr. Systems Administrator”
We promote a drug-free workplace. Pinkard Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer.