Sr. System Administrator
Pinkard Construction Co. is an industry leading commercial builder recognized as a premier provider of design/build and CM/GC services. We provide services exclusively to the Colorado Front Range and offer an employee environment that inspires creative, collaborative performance.
We are currently seeking a Sr. System Administrator to join our team in Lakewood CO
Provision, install, configure, operate, maintain, and support the organization’s systems hardware and software, LAN, WAN, internet systems, and VPNs. Monitor networks and infrastructure to insure availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support availability. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the networks and infrastructure. Assist in modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between various networks and systems. Administer security for network and infrastructure.
· 5 years of experience in the Information Technology field
· A bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Administration or Construction
· Desired certifications: VCP, VMCE, CCNA/CCNP, MTA/MCSA/MCSE
· Occasional evening or weekend work could be required.
· A valid Colorado driver’s license is required.
· Occasional travel to construction sites around the Denver area will be required
· Virtualization: VMware, multi-host, multi-site ESXi clusters, SANs, and networks
· Modify, update and maintain a reliable and redundant core network: dual ISPs, multiple subnets and vlans, multi-access point AC wireless network
· Oversee creation of networks at remote jobsites using a variety of different internet connections including DSL, Cable, Fiber, and LTE with employee and guest wireless, printing, and any other necessary services
· Build, and maintain hardware-to-hardware, policy-based VPN tunnels between jobsites and headquarters with devices including Meraki, CradlePoint, and others
· Administer and maintain Windows systems and services including AD, GPOs, WSUS, DNS, DHCP, DFS, RDS, Radius, ADFS, Exchange, and multiple application servers
· Administer and maintain high availability systems with Veeam B&R: daily infrastructure backups, archiving file copy jobs, secondary site DR replication, and AWS/Glacier cloud storage
· Sophisticated monitoring of all physical, virtual systems and networks: Veeam One, Nagios, Meraki
· Maintain security: Meraki firewalls, Cisco Umbrella, hosted AV, server hardening and firewalling, end user training, and managing third party audits
· Recommend system and network improvements to increase efficiency, better utilize resources, and prioritize uptime
· End user support: hardware and software support for workstations, laptops, and mobile devices running applications critical to business and productivity
· Coordinate and manage hardware refreshes: Help plan, size, and order new infrastructure and endpoint componentry
· Support initiative to migrate workloads and services to the cloud
· Minor database management and reporting: SQL server optimization and maintenance, log truncation, SQL querying
· Learn construction process to better design systems and assist users
· Keep network maps and documentation up-to-date
· Other duties as assigned
Pinkard Construction Company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a company bonus plan, excellent medical and dental plans, 401(k) and paid time off.
If you enjoy challenging projects and are results-oriented, we encourage you join our team. At Pinkard Construction Co. our employees are our most valued assets. Our success is due to the direct result of teamwork. If you are looking for a career at a company that has a true interest in its employees, offers competitive salaries, industry-leading benefits packages, and bonus and/or profit sharing programs, Pinkard is the place for you! Join a company that is truly raising the standard within the industry.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with recent salary history and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Sr. Systems Administrator”
We promote a drug-free workplace. Pinkard Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer.